SCMS has a closed campus. After arriving at school, students are to remain in the building, until end of day dismissal. A good nourishing breakfast and lunch is served in the cafeteria. Free lunch forms are available at the school. Students may purchase snacks and fruit drinks from the vending machine located in the auxiliary gym, at designated times.
Our C.U.B.S. Program is set up to assist you in being successful here at SCMS. The student standards are:
- Students enter school through Cafeteria Doors, starting at 8:00 a.m. (across form the Wingate Inn). Students will be dismissed from cafeteria at 8:15 a.m. Students must not arrive and leave to go to the 7-11 Store. At the end of the day, students who ride the bus or who are picked up by their parents are not to visit the 7-11. They are not to go back and forth across the street to visit the store. The intersections at the end of the day are very dangerous.
- We all need to walk on the right side of hallways and stairs.
- Be prepared for class: Students must have proper materials for class every day. This includes the following:
Sharpened pencil and/or pen (blue or black ink)
Paper and a 3 ring notebook
Be ready to work when the tardy bell rings. Each student must be seated in his/her assigned seat with materials ready to begin class when the tardy bell rings.
- Remain Seated until the teacher dismisses you from class.
- Deposit book bags in locker before reporting to homeroom. Book bags may be used to carry school supplies to and from school only. Students are not permitted to carry book bags to class. Cell phones and pagers must be kept in lockers.
- Visit your locker only at designed times.
YOU ARE EXPECTED TO ATTEND SCHOOL ON TIME EACH DAY. IF YOU ARE ABSENT FROM SCHOOL, YOUR PARENT SHOULD CALL THE SCHOOL TO REPORT YOUR ABSENCE. PLEASE HAVE YOUR PARENTS CALL BY 8:30 A.M. WHEN YOU RETURN TO SCHOOL AFTER BEING ABSENT, YOU NEED TO BRING A NOTE FROM YOUR PARENT AND/OR A DOCTOR AND GIVE IT TO THE HOMEBASE TEACHER. IF YOU ARE TARDY, YOU MUST COME TO THE OFFICE AND GET AN ADMIT TO CLASS. REPEATED TARDY ADMITS WILL RESULT IN DETENTION AT LUNCH OR AFTER SCHOOL.
WE ARE VERY PROUD OF THE EDUCATIONAL OPPORTUNITIES YOU HAVE AT SOUTH CHARLESTON MIDDLE SCHOOL . PLEASE MAKE THE MOST OF THEM. COME, DO YOUR WORK, TREAT EVERYBODY, (including yourself) WITH RESPECT, AND ENJOY ALL THAT MIDDLE SCHOOL HAS TO OFFER YOU